[vdr] DVBVideoLAN: to notice

Hi List and users of DVBVideoLAN,

I only want to inform you, that DVBVideoLAN is not dead. I simply have no
time at the moment, because my last final degree examinations are knocking
at the door (last 10th of april). So please be patient.

A "sneak preview":
- Support for multiple broadcasts,
- Improved VDR-integration (stream in all modes)
- Double buffer in the receiver.
- Clip-Recording
- And perhaps: Full MPG1 Support. Most cpu power is used by the mpeg2
decoder now. In my tests, I had a cpu load of about 50 to 80% depending on
the channel. If I stream MPG1, the load is at about 5 to 10% which means,
you can do some work while watching tv :-) (my system: P3-750, 256MB,
Inspiron 8000)

Best regards,

Markus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index