[vdr] Re: buffer is filling up - problem

"Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" wrote:

> @Klaus:
> AFAIR you've got 3 cards. What is your experience with 3 simultaneous
> recordings ?
>
> Christian.

I'm pretty occupied with work these days (that's why I didn't write
anything to the recent messages yet), so I won't be able to work
on VDR before tomorrow.

I can say, though, that I have no problems with two simultaneous
recordings and one replay at the same time.

I'll test with three recordings tomorrow.

BTW: as long as the buffer doesn't fill up to 100% there is no problem.
And even if it fills up to 100%, there is only a problem if there is
a "driver buffer overflow" message in the log after this. As long as
the driver buffer doesn't overflow there should be no errors in the
recording.

Of course, if the buffer fills up over, say, 75% regularly it is perhaps
time to think about improving the hardware performance.

Klaus