[vdr] problems in (random) recordings

several times I got the following problems during recording:

- the recorded film (i.E. yesterdays "Happy Gilmore" on VOX)
has video and audio stuttering and block artefacts

- the remarkablest thing: the recording of a 90 min film is only
about 30 min, not aborted but apparent with missing 2/3 of the frames...

- This "shortening" is always the same if a film has this kind of distortions.

- The problem appears always during the whole film. It happens
never later in the film (with a fine a beginning) nor disappears
during the recording.

- I got it 3 times during aprox. 20 recordings...
all other recordings has no problems (even with using timeshift,
double recordings or other performance eating operations)

- It happens if the computer was running before some time (watching the
"Tagesschau") and also with a fresh (automaticly by vdr_wakeup) rebooted
computer deep in the night..

I have 1.0pre3 with 2 Siemes-Cards 1.3 running
on Suse 7.3 with 2.4.16 Kernel

anybody has watch similar effects ???

--

    _    _
   (o)--(o)

 Uwe Weissbach, Leipzig

mail:   uwe.weissbach@web.de
pgp:    send mail with "pgp-request" in subject

Home | Main Index | Thread Index