[vdr] Re: DVD Bad-Boys RC2 and VDR-DVD

Ernst Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all. It realy rocks.
>
> I tested today VDR 1.0pre4 with AIO with AC3 and DVD-Nav Patch.
> And it works great. I can now watch DVD with Dolby-Digital Sound in sync
> and menu-support.
>
> Thanks a lot to all of you, responsible for this :)
>
> But I have some questions / bug-reports.
>
> - When I use the OSD, there appears the Green-Button for switching the
> language. But pressing it, only aborts the DVD-Playback, and ejects the
> DVD. Is this normal behavior ?

kind of, the Green-Button is not supported in DVD playback, you have to
use the normal menues provided by the DVD to switch language, just press
"1" during playback and nevigate to the audio setup menu of the DVD.

> - When trying to play the DVD "Bad Boys - Harte Jungs" RC2 (Collectors
> Edition" I get a core-dump after selecting my audio-setup. This is
> reproduceable, with all languages. And with the question above, I am at
> the moment not able, to watch the movie in an other language, than the
> default.

i'll need more informations on that one, please try to run vdr under gdb
and do a backtrace of all threads after the crash

[...]

> And a wish perhaps :) Is it possible to route DTS-Sound the same way
> like the Dolby-Digtial Sound ? Through the patch from Wolfgang ?

i don't have any real clue about the DTS stuff, but from i gather from
the web so far, it is not possible. The needed informations are simply
not there (correct me if i'm wrong)

> Because at the moment, when I try to play a DTS-Soundtrack, there is
> only silence.

Thats normal.

> Ok, that are my observations for the moment. And many thanks to the
> authors for this great work.

Thanks

   Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index