From: vdr@linuxtv.org=0D
Date: Sonntag, 24. M=E4rz 2002 23:04:48=0D
To: VDR List; nvram-wakeup-announce=0D
Subject: [vdr] [Announce] nvram-wakeup-0.04=0D
=0D
high!=0D
=0D
I just released the new version 0.04 of the NVRAM WakeUp project.=0D
=0D
This is a (small) program that can read and write the WakeUp time in the=0D
BIOS (via /dev/nvram on recent 2.4.x kernels). On this WakeUp time the=0D
computer will be powered on automatically from the soft-off state.=0D
=0D
It is now available at=0D
=0D
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/=0D
=0D
Here is a list of changes:=0D
=0D
=0D
+ denotes a new feature=0D
* denotes a bugfix/some change=0D
- denotes a removed feature=0D
=0D
2002-03-24: Version 0.04 (beta)=0D
* IMPORTANT: It turned out that not only the MSI boards need to be reboot=
ed=0D
after making a change, but also some other boards in special cases.
Therefore=0D
the exit states are changed. Now we have:=0D
0 - successful, everything is set properly. don't need to reboot.=0D
1 - successful, everything is set properly. must reboot the changes to ta=
ke
effect.=0D
2 - error occurred. something went wrong.=0D
the script vdrshutdown is changed accordingly, but if you're using your o=
wn
script,=0D
you have to look at it.=0D
* Completely rewritten many parts of the main program.=0D
+ We can handle the case now where more than one information (e.g. date=0D
and status) is stored in the same byte at different bits.=0D
+ Started using debug mode for printing debug messages.=0D
* Added/Removed/Changed several options in nvram-wakeup-mb.h and added a
more=0D
detailed documentation of them at the beginning of the file.=0D
(See into nvram-wakeup-mb.h for more information.)=0D
+ Added some more intelligence to `guess'.=0D
(still consider `guess' alpha quality)=0D
+ Added a new rule `devices' to Makefile.=0D
It creates /dev/nvram and /dev/rtc if they are missing.=0D
+ Print rtc time before setting it. (was just forgotten in ver. 0.03)=0D
+ Added several new mainboards. See nvram-wakeup-mb.h for details and
credits.=0D
Thanks to everyone who sent me his/her board configuration.=0D
+ Added support for storing month.=0D
(only for the boards with a BIOS which supports it)=0D
* Replaced RUN_BEFORE by NEED_TO_SHTDWN, which has a slightly different=0D
meaning (see README or nvram-wakeup.h for more details).=0D
+ Added a new rule to Makefile: install.=0D
(The user has to adjust paths in Makefile before installing)=0D
* /dev/nvram and /dev/rtc are never opened at the same time now,=0D
(this prevented some machines from halting by `halt -p')=0D
Thanks to Dr. Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> for the hint.=0D
* Don't need write permissions for /dev/nvram if no -s/-d parameter was
specified=0D
or ACTUALLY_WRITE=3D=3DOFF=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
And many thanks to everyone who sent me some ideas/hints/pathces.=0D
=0D
Have Fun!=0D
=0D
Sergei=0D
--=0D
--------------------------------------------------------------------=0D
eMail: Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de=0D
Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint.=0D
-- Mark Twain=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D