[vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password (26-Mrz-2002 8:45)
From:    tw@7eins.net
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> > > PS: all you guys with this censorship crap, just keep it for yourself
> > You may be allowed to censor your kids, but please do not
> > try to censor me.
> > I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are to yours.
>
> I just don't want to start this thread again. Thats why I wrote it.
> We already had a discussion about that.

Aside from censorship:

I think a 'secure' mode where it is not possible to change adjustments
(channels.conf etc.), to delete anything and to execute commands
from commands.conf would be nice.

For example here: Some weeks ago wife accidently deleted 2 channels.

Wouldn't it be nice if i could give everyone access to my vdr-box
without fear someone will delete or adjust something wrong ?

just my 0.02

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index