[vdr] Re: [Mplayer-dvb] DTS Sound

Wolfgang Fiesel wrote:

> But the main problem is the fact that there is absolut no detailed DTS
> description available neither on the net nor anywhere. Digital Theatre System
> treats their DTS coding scheme as a really top-secret subject. I think we have
> no change to reengineer it at a legal and reasonable price.
> Perhaps the only change is to know a friend whose friend knows a friend who is
> working at DTS....

Hi Wolfgang,

first thanks for your AC3 over DVB patch,
it was a great feat to bring this
up in a couple of days...

it seems you know a lot more than most of us about
wrapping digital data in PCM.
Please correct me, but is'nt it a fact that we don't have
to create the DTS data (because they came from DVD)
but only wrapping them in...

and my second question, can *you* as the inventor of the
AC3-over-DVB say something about things I discussed in
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2002/03-2002/msg01947.html
about the status bit 1 in the channel status word?

greetings,
Uwe Weissbach

--

Don't flame in public ......