[vdr] Re: Two recordings on the same channel, only one card

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  23.03.02 15:52

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>Carsten Koch wrote:

>> In fact, AFAIK vdr could not only do two recordings from
>> the same card if the channel is exactly the same, it could
>> even do two or more recordings from the same card if all
>> channels to be recorded are on the same transponder.
>>
>> Klaus, what do you think? Would that not be a VERY nice feature?
>> It definitely would help much by freeing the primary card more
>> often.
>>
>> As an example, DSF, KABEL1, N24, NEUN LIVE Television, ProSieben
>> and SAT.1 are all on the same transponder.

>But that's not possible with all DVB cards. IIRC Ralph recently wrote
>that some cards can only handle one channel at a time.

That would require a "resource management"...IMHO. (Maybe not
on the first attempt, but..)
The user currently have already to check not to
overlap more than 2 (if 2 Cards) timers:
But he can manage that (at least when he realized, in the
third week, a recording did start too late again ;-))
But don't ask me which programs are on which transponder... ;-)

>I will try to rearrange things in VDR after version 1.0.0 so that
>several "recorders" can attach to one DVB card, as long as they
>request the same transponder.

That would be great.

>However, this will mean some pretty deep
>changes so I'll first finish the final version 1.0.0.

If you find time to rearrange this part, maybe you can take
the problem of the poor "one wire guys" into account?
(I know i'm not the only one with that problem ;-))
I had a look but i gave up, because the info which polarization
etc. is not known at the places were the channel select is issued...
(It's of cause currently not required)
But if you know the transponder, the polarisation should not
be a problem any more to be locked too.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index