[vdr] Re: help screens for vdr

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:

KS> Thilo Wunderlich wrote:
KS> >
KS> > I think it would be a good idea to have a help key/screen/function for vdr.
KS> > If vdr is going to be released as 1.0.0 it should be as easy
KS> > as possible to use. More and more newsbies, family members and so on are going
KS> > to use it.
KS>
KS> A "Help" button may certainly be a good idea, but I don't want to delay version
KS> 1.0.0 any further, so this will have to wait until after 1.0.0.

just an idea:

I don't know which plans do you have about the plugin system, but maybe
the help system could become the first plugin, so to say as a kind of a
demonstration of the plugin system. (but on the other hand, maybe it is
much easier to implement it directly into vdr.)

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain