[vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password

>How will you implement this?
>
>a) PIN needed every time someone want to use a 'locked' command.
>
>or
>
>b) general unlock/lock with PIN one time.
>
>I think b) is easier to handle.

But not very safe if I have to lock the VDR machine every time I quit
using it. Especially for deleting recordings or timers there should
be a PIN needed every time.
It would be nice to have PIN protection also for setting timers,
because otherwise someone could override your programmed timers or
fill up your close-to-full-HD with hours long crap recordings...

Sharing an appartement I'm really looking forward for PIN protection,
this will be a great improvement for me.

Dany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index