[vdr] Re: EPG-Info length

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  29.03.02 09:39
>
> Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

> >> Couldn't you cache past EPG data?
>
> >Yes, it would be easy to do. But of what use is that?
> >If you have done a recording the info is stored anyway.
>
> As i wrote:
> i often had not timer programmed yet.
>
> Sometimes i watch a program and find at the end of
> transmission: "Great, let's record the next episode"...but how?
> Did you ever try to enter a name in the timer with RC?
> You do it exactly twice: The first and the last time.
> It's a horror.

Well, I could think of several things that much more deserve to be
named "horror". You have to keep in mind that a tv remote control
simply has a limited number of keys, so to implement a string editing
feature you have to make it work with a very small number of keys.
I believe using Left/Right to position the cursor and Up/Down to
edit a character isn't that bad.

> But it would be easy "one click" and no overhead if i could scroll
> back in EPG infos.
>
> Why cache so long back?
> I often find some interessting transmission announced for
> the afternoon. But then i have to work, so no chance to setup the
> timer. OK, i could make an unpayed holiday, telling my boss:
> "I have to programm my videorecorder" ;-))

Aren't you exaggerating a little here?

If you absolutely want this kind of behaviour, why don't you take
a look at the source code (its Open Source, after all)?

In menu.c, function cMenuSchedule::PrepareSchedule(), you can find the
line

  if (EventInfo->GetTime() + EventInfo->GetDuration() > now)

Change this to, for instance,

  if (EventInfo->GetTime() + EventInfo->GetDuration() > now - 3600)

to get entries that have ended up to an hour ago, or delete the whole
line to get _all_ entries, no matter how old they are.

Klaus