[vdr] Control of two DVB cards

Hello,

as far as I read the manual for vdr, it is only possible
to use a second card for recording.
I was wondering if the following is possible to implement:

My future hardware situation will look like this:
- VDR box with two DVB-S cards (with TV output)
- Card 1 connected to AV1
- Card 2 connected to AV2
- Televsion with PiP option

So while I am watching TV on input AV1 the status of AV2 is
not important. If there is a commercial break during the current
program on AV1 I would like to execute to following by pressing
one button (maybe not a real button but a remote command) in vdr:
- Card 2 should be set to the same channel as card 1

Than I would switch on the PiP option of my TV and zapp through
other channels while I have the program with the commercial break
in the small window. If the commercial break is over I would like
to press this button again and set card 1 (AV1) again to ist original
channel.

I think part of this is allready implemented. As I have no second
card right now, I am not able to test this. But as far as I understood
the manual the following should happen while you press "record" on
a two card system:
- Watch program on primary card 1(AV1)
- Press "record"
- Recording is transfered to card 2 (AV2)
- Card 1 and 2 should be tuned to the same channel
- Card 1 is not blocked by a recording and could be used for zapping.

So only the recording has to be turned of and a kind of restore function
is needed.

regards

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index