[vdr] Re: recording on almost full hdd

Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de> wrote:

> Quite a while ago I experimented with reiserfs and XFS.
> I found out that reiserfs (and IIRC other file systems)
> got extremely slow when the disk was almost full.

Oh, perhaps this is one of the points causing my problems with artefacts
and so on (see the thread about "Disk performance")?

I thought reiserfs would be the best fs for vdr?
Are there any general facts witch fs to use on a vdr-only system and so
on? What about fragmentation? I thought it would be no problem for linux
nor vdr, am I wrong?

TMJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index