[vdr] Re: Switching channels problem

                                         Roetgen, Sa 02.02.02 16:38
Hi Martin,
sorry, that I can't help you, but as I have the same problem maybe the
differences in the enviroments will help to find the solution.
> my vdr sometimes doesn't tune after switching a channel.
> VDR is still alive, you can see the OSD but no more live signal :-(
> /var/log/messages says "switched to channel x" and no error !

> It can be cured by a driver reload !
same for me

> It's not reproducable since it's only happening every 3 or 4 days :-(
I have it nearly every day (EPG scan switched on)

> My System:
> Athlon 1800+
Pentium III 766MHz
> WinTV DVBs 2.1 (primary)
only one DVB-S 2.1
> WinTV DVBs 1.3 (secondary) with CI
> SuSE 7.2
SuSE 7.3
> Kernel 2.4.4
2.4.17
> i2c 2.6.2
how can I find out?
> fresh DVBs Driver from cvs (maybe 5 days old)
dito
> VDR 0.99pre2 (with eit-patch)
VDR 0.99pre4 with AIO patch

> This strange behaviour was introduced since i had to use a 2.1 as my
> primary card ! With my old 1.3 this never happened ! I believe it's a
> DVBs 2.1 only-problem...
> Maybe some issues with the drivers ???

> How can this be solved or at least how can i tell whats the cause ?
> /var/log/messages tells no errors - any idea how to turn on some debug
> messages or something ?

> Martin

Andreas
--
Andreas Hölscher, Buchenhain 8a, D-52159 Roetgen, Germany
(PGP ID: 1024/0x6AC897BB)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index