[vdr] Re: How do you poweron your VDR Box via IR?

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  02.02.02 15:13

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>On 02 Feb 2002 13:38:00 +0200, Usenet-372114@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
>Zocholl) wrote:

>> Don't switch the PC, switch a small plug-In 12V powersupply
>> (Preferable a good one, with enough iron (see ELV "Oeko")
>> or a switching one, don't use those 2EUR Taiwan crap!)
>> Wire the 12V to "Ring" in the right way and
>> set BIOS to "Wake on Ring" too.

>Good idea!
>If I use one of the switched outputs of my A/V-receiver this should
>work immediately. In my setup the A/V-receiver must be turned on
>anyway.

Another trick might lay in the SCART-plug ?
There are +12V too (depending on what should be done)
But i don't if the voltage comes from the TV set or the
VCR or both. I only know -for sure- that a VCR can switch a TV
to Video-Mode using this signal, so that's not what we want.
And i don't know if the polarity is in the right direction either.

When testing:
remember that many "scart switch boxes" do not forward this
signal.

Where is my solder iron? :-)

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index