[vdr] error in recording "Dawson's Creek" (Pro7)

hi

Syslog gives me the following error message :

  vdr[997]: ERROR: /windows/E/divx/Dawson^As_Creek: Das Argument ist ungültig

What I wanted to do was a usual timer recording of "Dawson's Creek" on German
Pro7 (Sat. 15:15-16:10). But VDR didn't record anything.  It didn't even
create the directory in video dir.
However, VDR claimed to be recording it so I couldn't delete the timer entry
for Dawson's Creek, but I was able to switch channels, so there was no lock
on channel switching.
I am using VDR0.99pre2  and a FAT partition as my video dir. (VDR compiled
with FAT support)
I have been observing this behaviour for weeks now. Also VDR0.98 behaves the
same way.
However, this only occurs on recording Dawson's Creek, everything else works
perfectly.
So what's so special about it ?
I guess there is a bug in the directory creation function. Maybe the  '  in
the title causes some problems?

Thanks you your help !

mfg
dromtom