[vdr] Re: error in recording "Dawson's Creek" (Pro7)

i tried to simulate a timer recording containing a  '  in the filename.  So I
scrolled through all the characters but there is no  '  char!?

But I now patched the recording.c to :  { '\''  ,   '_' }  . also added the
line in the #ifdef VFAT environment.
Is that correct ?
Well, next Saturday I will know whethere this works or not. ;)

Dromtom

On Sunday 03 February 2002 12:14, you wrote:
> Thomas Glomann wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > Syslog gives me the following error message :
> >
> >   vdr[997]: ERROR: /windows/E/divx/Dawson^As_Creek: Das Argument ist
> > ungültig
> >
> > What I wanted to do was a usual timer recording of "Dawson's Creek" on
> > German Pro7 (Sat. 15:15-16:10). But VDR didn't record anything.  It
> > didn't even create the directory in video dir.
> > However, VDR claimed to be recording it so I couldn't delete the timer
> > entry for Dawson's Creek, but I was able to switch channels, so there was
> > no lock on channel switching.
> > I am using VDR0.99pre2  and a FAT partition as my video dir. (VDR
> > compiled with FAT support)
> > I have been observing this behaviour for weeks now. Also VDR0.98 behaves
> > the same way.
> > However, this only occurs on recording Dawson's Creek, everything else
> > works perfectly.
> > So what's so special about it ?
> > I guess there is a bug in the directory creation function. Maybe the  '
> > in the title causes some problems?
> >
> > Thanks you your help !
> >
> > mfg
> > dromtom
>
> It is very much likely that the  '  character causes the problem.
> However, VDR does map that character to 0x01 (which shows up as ^A in the
> above error message).
>
> Maybe this code causes problems on a VFAT system?
> Could you try using "Dawsons Creek" in the timer instead (without the '
> character)?
>
> You can also try to change the character mapping in VDR/recording.c (see
> the array CharExchange[]).
>
> Needless to say that there is no such problem under Linux/ext3... ;-)
>
> Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index