[vdr] Re: Error when playing mp3

On 03 Feb 2002 Martin Neuditschko <yosuke.tomoe@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 11:34:44AM +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>>
>> What does exactly you are doing? What is the last action before
>> the crash?
>
> I open the OSD -> MP3 -> SOURCE -> /mnt/Win_D -> SELECT
> -> BROWSE.

I think Win_D is your NTFS mounted partition?

> instant: load
> instant: file Daten/backup/gesichert/Musik/Hits/Public Domain - Operation Blade (Original Mix).mp3
> MP3: inital trickmode=0
> mp3: playlist has 1 files, first is Daten/backup/gesichert/Musik/Hits/Public Domain - Operation Blade (Original Mix).mp3
> mp3: shuffle order 0

So you ARE doing instant replay, but ...

>> > This works in every case. (Also directly from the NTFS-Partitions.
>>
>> Does understand this right: replay songs from the browser (aka
>> instant play) works regardless of the fs, but if you tries to
>> replay a real playlist from NTFS, it crashs?
>
> Yes, right.

... but here you said that it WORKS with instant replay!

As you says that the error depends on which filesystem your files
lays, the only error point I can think about, is there vdr opens
the file. Usualy the file is mmap()ed and may be the NTFS driver
doesn't supports this in a common way.

But if this is true, vdr should have generated more messages
before reaching the error point. As you are logging to file, some
buffering from your shell may cause this.
So what is the last message you see when not logging to file? And
what is the last message on syslog?

Could you supply a stack backtrace?

--
Stefan Huelswitt