[vdr] Re: How to implement Interernet Radio?

On Sunday 03 February 2002 11:06, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to listen to Radio-Unity.net, how can i implement an real audio
> player to vdr? Is there a Player available?

This isn't as difficult as it sounds.  If you install the RealSystem SDK from:

http://proforma.real.com/rnforms/resources/server/realsystemsdk/

Then you get access to some sample applications - including a program called
"testplay" which is basically a command-line version of realplayer.

To compile testplay, do the following:

1) Install RealPlayer 8
2) Un-tar the SDK anywhere
3) cd rmasdk_6_0/samples/intermed/testplay
4) type "make -f make/linux-libc6-i386-gcc2.95.mak"
5) set the REALPLAYER_HOME variable to /usr/localRealPlayer8/ (or where you
installed Realplayer).
6) copy "make/rel/testplay" to /usr/local/RealPlayer8/

That's it.  I also had to set the "LOCAL_LIBS" variable to "-lpthread" in the
makefile for it to work.

You can then use this program as it stands to play your radio streams (with
sound going to your sound card).

It should be straightforward to modify this program so that it co-operates
with VDR (e.g. displaying statistics on the OSD).  I don't know if it is
possible to write an audio output driver to use the DVB card, but I think it
should be - there are a large number of sample applications with the SDK.

Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index