[vdr] Re: DVD-Navigation

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: DVD-Navigation (04-Feb-2002 9:44)
From:    rr@cubeoffice.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> apieper@gmx.net wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it meanwhile possible to navigate in dvd-mode?
> >
> > I am using vdr0.99pre4 and up to now there
> > is no usable dvd-navigation.
> >
> > I tried the aio-patch, but i have various
> > problems with that (dvd stays black etc.).
>
> I had hoped to have fixed that. Which DVD's have you problems with?

As stated before, if i select dvd screen stays black.

> > Aside from that i don't need the other patches
> > inside aio like lcd etc.)
>
> The latest AIO patch has the latest and complete -nav7 patch.

I tried the latest aio, see above.

> > Does the dvd-nav-patch add a progress-display
> > and ff/rew or a goto-function?
>
> no, it doesn't (yet), aside from the functions that have always been there.
>
> > If so, is there a download-page for the dvd-nav-patch?
> > (the link from linuxdvb.tv don't point to the right page).
>
> http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/

thx.

> > The ability to replay dvd through vdr is great,
> > but without a progress-display and the ability
> > to jump to a specific time it's impractical
> > (every time i want to resume watching a dvd i
> > have to search very ponderous for the point
> > where i stopped watching).
>
> Most DVD's have szene selection menues, that are accessible with the
> -nav patches. Might that help?

I can jump from scene to scene (without aio-patch).

Because i never found the nav-patches on the net and
the aio-patches only showed black screen in dvd-mode
i used vdr to replay dvd very rarely.

Maybe i have very special needs, but how do you watch dvd ?

For me it would be optimal if the dvd-replay-behaviour
would be the same as the vdr-replay-behaviour, wich means:

1. progress-display
2. if playback is stopped the next playback-start is at the same point
3. 'jump-to'-function (no 'must' if 2. is there)

Don't missunderstand me: It's really great if vdr can replay dvds,
but why so uncomfortable (vdr showed how comfortable playback can be).

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index