[vdr] Re: Splitting the list instead of newsgroup

Deti Fliegl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it does make sense to detach the user concerns from the
> development stuff. What about splitting the current list into:
>
> vdr-user:
> It would be easier to separate the newbie questions from the programming
> stuff. Many of the mails on the current list are dealing with why
> something does not work (compiling, installing, running) or how to get
> something to work (manuals, announcements...).
>
> vdr-developer:
> The remaining mails are error reports, patches or improvement ideas. The
> topics are mostly very particular and much too detailed for beginners.
>
> RFC
>
> Deti

OH NO - PLEEEEAAASE DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People will NEVER be able to post their messages into the proper
list, and we'll end up with lots and lots of crossposts...

I'd hate to have to read yet another list and find most of the
stuff discussed in both places.

Just my 2 cents
Klaus