[vdr] Re: System freeze

Hello Juergen,

> I'm using:
>
> linux 2.4.17
> vdr-0.99 (upt to pre5)
> various snapshots of the DVB driver up to Klaus file (no freeze yet).

same here -- but as I just "sendmail-ed" while "fetchmail-ing" your
posting, the freeze was due to a corrupt file system.

> Perhaps it is really related to the kernel version. I will  try an older
> version as soon as the first freeze with pre5 and the related
> driver appears.

Well, until sunday my VDR ran really stable, even with kernel 2.4.17 and
the DVB CVS drivers from mid-january. That was my first negative
experience with reiserfs in ~1 1/2 years, but I think I will convert all
my reiserfs partitions to ext3 next weekend -- recovery seems to be easier
with that one.

Regards,
Dirk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index