[vdr] Re: check if vdr alive

Why donīt you write a start/stop-script which you can store under
/etc/init.d and takes
the arguments start|stop|info ?
You could then add a cron-job that executes every ten minutes a script that
runs "/etc/init.d/vdr info" and parses the results ...
Depending on the result you take your desired action...

If your start/stop-script is started with "info" then it will do something
like this "ps -ef | grep vdr | wc -l "
Would this be satisfying ?

Why vdr two times?

Cheers,
Marcel

If you have received tihs e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer
statement and monitoring policy, please refer to http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender

Home | Main Index | Thread Index