[vdr] Re: check if vdr alive

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Walter, Marcel wrote:

> Why donīt you write a start/stop-script which you can store under
> /etc/init.d and takes
> the arguments start|stop|info ?

That's what I'm doing.

> If your start/stop-script is started with "info" then it will do something
> like this "ps -ef | grep vdr | wc -l "
> Would this be satisfying ?

I don't know:

- as vdr spawn new threads for tasks the number of "processes" depends on
what vdr is doing at this moment

- is there a chance of "dead" vdr proceses hanging around?

> Why vdr two times?

Because there is no command in svdrp to say something like "switch to
channel 2 card 2"
(I have a video-server in the basement with 2 cards, that should be
controlled by different "clients" - i.e. people watching videos in
different rooms.)

bye, ju

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorferstr. 7, D-30625 Hannover

Home | Main Index | Thread Index