[vdr] Re: Mainboard for use with vdr

Hello Thomas,

> However a few resistors in the fans' supply lines could fix the Problem.

please don't do this. With usual resistors, your fan might not power on --
especially if it gets older... Zener diodes (? English term required) will
have the same slow-down effect with less problems. As far as I remember from
my physics lessons, this is due to the "non-Ohm's-law-like" resistance
behaviour of coils ("Spulen"), i.e. the motor of your fan, too. The
interaction with usual resistors could cause problems with the necessity of
more amperage during spin-up, which will be reduced by the resistor. AFAIK
the Zener Diode reduces voltage, which is not such a big problem -- depends
on the values, of course.

If any professional knows better I would be very interested in the facts, as
this seems to be the last tiny bit of my school knowledge...

Regards,
Dirk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index