[vdr] Linux-only (S)VCD solution

Hi, has anyone already a linux only solution to create a VCD/SVCD compatible
MPEG file.
(I dream from a script that i can start and does all automatically
and the next day I can burn the CD's)

Currently i'm playing around with a lot of windows tools:

1. create a PS with PVSStrumento (ok. there is a version running in wine)
2. demuxing Audio/video with TMPGEnc (maybe this could be done by mplex)

3. reencoding audio with TMPGEnc (lame?)

4. reencoding video with TMPGEnc
(this takes a lot of time...)

5. muxing A/V with TMPEG (could also be done by mplex/similar)

6. I have a more or less compatible SVCD MPEG stream
(or at least one that my DVD-player can handle)

Or should I forget the way to reencode the video and make
non-standard SVCDs with the original MPEG stream.

so, are there some linux tools which can reencode mpeg2->mpeg2 in an
acceptable time. If I don't recompress the files i only get 20-30 minutes
per CD.

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index