[vdr] Re: Linux-only (S)VCD solution

Hi,

I describe on my web page how to transcode VDR recordings to SVCD. The
URL is:

http://www.pxh.de/fs/svcd/index.html

This is a Linux-only process, but you might need PVAstrumento to correct
some recordings (but then PVAstrumento runs under Wine). Note that you
should check the respective homepages of the software packages I used
for new versions, since I have not updated my pages for some time.

BTW I have found that you only get decent quality if you go to the
limits of the bit rates allowed by SVCD. With 80 min CDRs this should be
around 40 minutes.

Peter

--
Peter Hofmann                  e-mail: junk@pxh.de