>>  3     |  titel menu
>>  7     |  subtitle menu
>>  9     |  language selection menu
>>RIGHT  |  fast forward
>>LEFT   |  fast rewind
>>YELLOW |  next chapter
>>GREEN  |  prev. chapter
>>DOWN   |  stop

btw, DOWN is pause like in normal vdr playback and not stop

>>what i would like to know now is, wether people can live with that or if
>>somebody has a better idea.
>>

> In navigation mode (menus etc.) I would recommend using the right,left,up,
> down and ok-button, since I really have problems when navigating via the
> number-buttons. As the fast forward/rewind buttons don't really make sense
> in a menu, this wouldn't break the "standard"-vdr-interface.

The functionality mapped onto OK, RIGHT, LEFT and DOWN does work in
menues and makes kinda sense, IMHO. So those keyes are allready gone.
I would realy prefer to use those keys and have fast forward/rewind and
stop on proper keys that are labeled that way, BUT the "default" vdr
remote control has no such keys.

>>I also have at least three more functions that need to be placed
>>somewhere. A direct (manual) audio track selection, a direct subtitle
>>selection and (eventualy) a recording function.
>>A record function should probaly be on MENU->RED. But what about the
>>others? any ideas?
>>

> What I really like about the old dbox are it's options menus. I think this
> could
> be useful for dvd-replay too. So only one button for the option-menu and
> within
> the option menu, you can navigate with the arrow-buttons (and ok) and select
> language and subtitles.

/bin/agreed

>>OSD status feedback:
>>
>>the -nav8 patch contains a working progess bar, that shows the current
>>title and chapter, and the current time within the current track. Is
>>that enough or should any additional information be displayed and how?
>>

> I haven't tested your last patch, but is there an information about total
> number
> of chapters in this title?

I have this information, but it is not displayed at the moment, however
it has the same problem as the total time in the progress bar. I can
determin how long the title is (in chapters and minutes), but there is
no guarantee that the title will be played sequentialy. Those numbers
might therefore be misleading. The only correct value is the current
playtime within the current chapter.

> best regards,
> reiner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index