>>  3     |  titel menu
>>  7     |  subtitle menu
>>  9     |  language selection menu
>>RIGHT  |  fast forward
>>LEFT   |  fast rewind
>>YELLOW |  next chapter
>>GREEN  |  prev. chapter
>>DOWN   |  stop
>>

> I do understand why you choose 2/8/4/6 but this just works if you have
> a remotecontrol with 1/2/3, 4/5/6 and 7/8/9 in a row.
> My remotecontrol has got 1/2/3/4/5 and 6/7/8/9/0, this is quite complicated
> now.
>
> In my opinion it is very important that all the different tools (mp3, DVD,
> VCD, MPlayer) are using the same logic for the keys. A 'fast forward'
> button should always be e.g. 'right key', no matter if you are
> playing a mp3 file or a DVD. The down key for example is 'pause' in vdr,
> 'stop' in DVD. This is unlogically and not easy to explain to other
> users of the vdr.

sorry my mistake, down is 'pause' in DVD playback and *NOT* stop.
Stop is in the menue.

> The best solution would be a config file where everyone could adjust the
> settings. Klaus wanted to work on this, but I don't know the progress of
> it.

definetly.

There have been discussions i nthe past about remote control with more
keys for vdr. I believe we should switch to a more generic and VCR/DVD
typical remote control layout that has more keys than the current
default (maybe even a jog shuttle). People with simpler/different
layouts can then map the keys to theyr remotes themself.

Andreas

> Thilo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index