[vdr] Re: Play DVD as VDR recording

I also have different DVDs on disk and sometimes I even want to watch one
that I physically insert. Therefore I use a script for that that I call
through the commands.conf commands.

Like (activates Matrix):

#!/bin/sh
rm /vdrconf/dvd
ln -s /video1/dvd/Matrix /vdrconf/dvd

Or to get the real DVD drive (in my case):

#!/bin/sh
rm /vdrconf/dvd
ln -s /dev/hdc /vdrconf/dvd

Of course, you have to start vdr with -V /vdrconf/dvd

vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org wrote on 13.02.2002 11:51:38:

> Thanks for your suggestions to run
> it as DVD with the -V opttion of VDR.
>
> But I have more than one DVD on my HD
> and want to select them by remote.
>
> I know that only AC3 streams are on the DVD
> but I use ac3dec for the -a option of the VDR so
> it should be possible to send the stream to the
> soundcard.
> It works for recordings from PRO7 (AC3 streams)
>
> So is there no possibillity to change the stream to
> a proper format that VDR can play ?
>
> Perhaps demux audio and video and then mux it to PES ?
>
> Thanks
> Ronald Goerke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index