[vdr] AW: Re: Controlling vdr via ssh (maybe a bit OT)

Hi Achim,
thank you for this advice
- but i'm afraid i am not yet deep enough in linux (or vdr? ) :-(
I did ssh into the vdr-machine and then "telnet localhost 2001" as you
wrote,
but the vdr just said:

Trying::1...
telnet: connect to adress::1: connection timed out
Trying 127.0.0.1
telnet: connect to adress 127.0.0.1: Network is unreachable
Trying localhost
telnet: connect to adress localhost: No such file or directory

what is wrong?
do i have to change the network adress of my vdr-machine to 127.0.0.1 ?

I hope theese are not to silly questions!

Harry