[vdr] Re: Q: Simultaneous record/playback

Am Freitag, 15. Februar 2002 10:34 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> A, hopefully, simple newbie question:
>
> Scanning through the list archives, I get the impression that in order
> to do timeshift (simultaneous record and playback) two DVB cards are
> needed. Could someone explain
>
> 1) Is this impression correct, are two cards needed for timeshift?
That's right
> 2) If so, why? Is it a limitation of the cards (all cards?) or the
>    software?
You only can do one task at once, receiving or playing a recorded file by
hardware limitations. Therefore you neet at least one full featured Card with
hardware MPEG2 decoding for replay. The scond for recording  can be a low
budget Card without hardwaredecoder. (Theoretically you can play the recorded
stream by software over a graphics card with tv out, but than you miss the
OSD funktion of VDR.)

> Many thanks.
>
> Stuart

Home | Main Index | Thread Index