[vdr] Re: delete recording that's actually recorded

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I'll try to come up with a solution for this over the weekend (well, time
> permitting).
>
> The basic idea I'm having is to extend the timer's "day" parameter so
> that for a periodic timer one can define the first date on which that
> timer shall record, as in
>
> 1:2:-----S-@2002-02-16:2205:2335:50:5:Wochenshow:
>
> The "magic" is in the "@2002-02-16" following the usual "-----S-",
> which could be read as "start at 2002-02-16.
>
> A function to temporarily disable a timer could then simply add the "@..."
> part with a date for the next day. The "Edit Timer " menu will be extended
> accordingly to allow defining this parameter.

Much simpler, while less powerful, would be the following idea:

vdr actually requires that weekdays use the correct letter.
So MT----- is correct, but TT----- is incorrect.
I believe all current software that generates timers.conf
entries does this anyway.
Now, we can simply disable a periodic timer for one shot by
allowing one more character in each colum.
For example, IT----- means "Inactive only this Monday".
On all days except Monday, vdr can automatically replace
an I in column 1 with an M,  On all Days except Tuesday,
vdr can automatically replace an I in column 2 with a T, etc.

Would that not be a lot easier to implement?

Carsten.

  | Carsten Koch                  Phone: +49-4286-920001     |
  | ICEM Technologies GmbH          Fax: +49-4286-1608       |
  | Sotheler Mühlenweg 15        mailto:Carsten.Koch@icem.de |
  | 27404 Elsdorf-Hatzte, Germany  http://www.icem.com       |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index