[vdr] Dolby Digital - pleas help...

Hi,

I'm trying to get a DD stream out of my soundcard for three days now, but
it is not still not working :(( I tried to follow the documentation at:
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/ac3sound.html since I have the same
soundcard (Leadtek Winfast 4Xsound). I succeeded in step 1-3 (configuring
and building the the alsa drivers and play sounds through optical digital
out. But I'm not able to send any AC3 raw media to the output. I tried the
ac3dec shipped with VDR.

But ac3dec -c file gives:
No such file or directory - Couldn't open file -C

So I tried mplayer. But playing a vob file with DD gives:

dvb:/etc# mplayer -ao alsa9 -ac hwac3 -vo mpegpes -vc mpegpes
/video0/dolbydigalbroadway.vob

AO: [alsa9] 48000Hz Mono AC3
alsa-init: this driver is still at alpha-stage. if you want stable sound
support use the OSS emulation instead.
alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 1 channels, AC3
alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: hw:0,0
alsa-init: unable to set format: Invalid argument
couldn't open/init audio device -> NOSOUND
Audio: no sound!!!

And even with a52dec I was not able to get any sattisfying results -
always only PCM :((

Please help me!!!

Thanks,

   Gernot Weber
--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Home | Main Index | Thread Index