[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB-s is possible - Part2

"Gernot A. Weber" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it really works. Great work!!! Unfortunately vdr panics after every DD
> replay. And it doesn't work with the AIO-Patch :((

Ok, at first in which replay mode do you notice the panic? At the end of DVD
replay or VDR recordings ?
How fast is you computer ?
I'm using here a 1.2 GHZ Athlon system and I've never noticed such
behaviours.
Can you start VDR as a single application  (vdr -v /video0 ....) to see what
the operation system says after the panic (and also the log )

It's a fact that the AC3 over LPCM enlarge the amount of data to the DVB
card in case of  VDR recordings. But it's the same amount like during DVD
playback. There is no different.
Perhaps the actual output thread construction is not very suitable in case
of stopping any replay (don't delete ALL created ring buffer entries =
cFrame --> open memory leaks ???)

Wolfi

> Bye,
>
>    Gernot
>
> --
> Gernot A. Weber
> http://www.tux-web.de
>
> Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
> on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.
>
>                               Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Fiesel                   EMAIL: fie@iis.fhg.de
Group Manager Audio Systems 2
Department: STUDIO                         PHONE: +49 9131 776-377
Am Weichselgarten 3                          FAX:   +49 9131 776-399
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany              WWW:   http://www.iis.fhg.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index