[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB-s is possible - Part2

On 19 Feb 2002 Wolfgang Fiesel <fie@iis.fhg.de> wrote:

> as I promised last week,
> now AC-3 over Digital Output (SPDIF) for DVB-S is reality (recordings
> and DVD playback).

Very good!! This is great work!! Thanks.

It works fine with DVD and recordings here. CPU load is around
3-4% on my Celeron/400. Only drawback is, that before switching
to DD there is a small audio glitch. By this may be because the
DD-receiver needs some frames to detect the wrapped ac3 data.
All trickmodes are working flawlessly here, too.

I had some problems to apply the patch to my MP3-enabled version
and for this I supply a upgrade patch against MP3 version 0.36 on
my homepage:
http://www.muempf.de/down/vdr-0.99-mp3-0.36-ac3.diff.gz

--
Stefan Huelswitt