[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB-s is possible - Part2

> Roland Praml wrote:
>
> > Is it possible that my receiver can't handle the wrapped AC3-Data.
> >

> I don't think, because the receiver recognized correctly the DD mode
(2/0 -
> 3/2) and this is only possible if the receiver can decode the first bytes
> (3-4) of each AC3 burst. Therefore it detects the start of an AC-3 stream.
But
> what's about the end ??
>
> Can you test the receiver on other HW (DVD player ) ?
> Did you ever hear DD sound from the reciever ?

The receiver works with an HW DVD-Player.
Also with the SPDIF-out of my soundcard.

> > I've tried the following things:
> > -original VDR patched with the AC3-Patch
> > -driver from 20.01 (and also current cvs version)
> > -replay recordings from Pro-7
> > -replay a DVD
> > -connected directly and via voltage divider to the coaxial-in. (line is
~2
> > m)
> >
> > -build a quick'n dirty TOSLINK interface
> > http://members.tripod.com/~Psych/super-cheap-toslink.html
> > and connect it to an optical in (I'm surprised, it works)
> >
> > The result is every time the same:
> > Normal PCM-output works
> > Receiver recognizes DD 2/0 or DD 3/2 input but stays quiet
> >
> > did I forgot something? do I have to add parameters to VDR?
>
> Do you use the -a switch ? (if yes, it's not more necessary)

No, i started vdr without any switches

> No, I should be work without any additional parameter. How did the analog
> sounds (please careful, it's noise, but it's a regular puls sound, or do
you
> hear any irregularity in rhythm.)

It's a regular puls sound (hacked with about 20 Hz)
Sometimes it stops for 1 second and VDR reports "buffer empty"
(maybe my machine is too slow, AMD K6-400)

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index