[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB-s is possible - Part2

Roland Praml wrote:

> > 3. Now listen to the digital SPDIF. Every AC3 stream will now be decoded
> by the
> > ac3dec library (like in case of DVD). Do you hear any audio breaks ?
> >

> No Audio stays clear.
> VDR sometimes reports "buffer empty" but this doesn't affect audio.
>
> I think it's true what Nikolaus Isele wrote:
>
> | I remind that Sony Amps and Receivers hat the same Problem with the Humax
> | IRCI-5400 Satreceivers DD Output, they have fixed this problem bevor 1
> Year.
> | Maybe Sony or the DVB-S DD Output aren't standard confirm.

Don't give up.
As Nikolaus told,
my solution is never a standard conform one because it was only a simple patch
to demonstrate the principle.
We have an additional change because the standard says "each payload wrapped
into IEC 60958 frame have to start with the reference point". And in AC-3 the
reference point is 2/3 of the frame size. (there is an exact formula to
calculate this)
At this moment I wrap an aligned AC-3 frame at the beginning of each payload
(means I start with sync word 0x77, 0x0b, ...).
Today I'll implement the correct way of 2/3 offset. Perhaps SONY is here very
sensitive against this standard violation.

Wolfi

> :-(
>
> Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index