[vdr] [Announce] script to "refresh" channels.conf

                                         Roetgen, Mi 20.02.02 19:15

Hi,
I don't use the channels.conf as it is provided with vdr because I like an
other order and only want to see FTA channels. So I have the problem to
recognise new channel definitions in channels.conf or similar files. I
wrote a small perl script that uses my own channels.conf and an other file
with channels (for example the one from a new vdr release) as an input to
generate a new file with the channels and the order from my own file but
the definitions from the vdr channels.conf.

If anyone is interested in that, you can download:
http://www.andreas-hoelscher.de/download/chann_aktual

To use it just try:
chann_aktual sorted_channels.conf vdr_channels.conf
this will generate sorted_channels.conf.new

The script only looks for the channel name in sorted_channels.conf, so you
can also use the script to generate a sorted channels.conf by just writing
the channel name in the desired order with an ":" after the name without
the need of the full channel description after it.

Andreas
--
Andreas Hölscher, Buchenhain 8a, D-52159 Roetgen, Germany
(PGP ID: 1024/0x6AC897BB)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index