[vdr] Re: Werkstofffragen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guido Fiala" <gfiala@s.netic.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 6:58 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Werkstofffragen

> > The simpliest way would be to put your VDR-STB into a freezer. You won't
> > hear anything anymore,
>
> Beside the freezer ;-))
>
> But to give something that really helps - don't screw the hard-disks to the
> casing helps the most, i let it lay freely on kork plates, www.7volts.org
> tells you how to silent your fans.

You can also use some felt buttons usually used by furniture. I just put them on the housings of my drives were they have contact
with the main housing.
If you make a hole into them, you even can put through the screws, but don't forget to put another felt button between the heads of
the screws and the housing.

It's no solution to silence everything, but it costs only 1 EUR and it's quite effective.

Rene

> The beamer can be more difficult - if it overheats the LCD will melt or the
> light bulb will go out. BTW, i wonder if it is possible to use a more cheap
> standard halo-bulb from a still-frame-projector by gluing in the original
> reflector using heat-resisting cement.
>
> Thought to switch over to beamer-screen completly - something about 1280x1024
> (the Eiki VC1 would do) - it should have then and therefore the light-bulb
> might turn out an expensive part...
>
> The problem is those things still cost around 7000 Euro (twice the price of a
> normal one) - maybe we should make an collect order and buy directly in
> Taiwan or where they come from ;-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index