[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVBs / only DVD with sound

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: AC3 over DVBs / only DVD with sound (22-Feb-2002 13:52)
From:    werner@suse.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:29:07PM +0000, apieper@gmx.net wrote:

Ups, what's 'little endian'?

> AFAIS the ac3 patch from Wolfi uses big endian and I suppose
> that the S/P-DIF out from the DVB card is big endian because
> it is possible to connect e.g. a TOS Link or a
> professionel IEC 958 connector.
>
> Now the question is : how do you have connected the S/P-DIF
> out of the DVB card to the A/V-receiver ... are you using
> a soundcard as loop through and if so I suppose you're using
> ALSA and alsamixer to control the soundcars I/O.  Maybe
> alsamixer helps you to hear something.

No soundcard loopthrough, there even is no soundcard in my vdr-box.
I am using a direct connection from J2 SPDIFF-out to my a/v receiver
(ok, in between there is a koax->opto converter, but for testing i
removed him - only dvd-ac3 either).

Maybe i should investigate if my receiver is capable of replaying the
higher bitrate of vdr-recordings altogether.

Is there anybody on this list who has a working playback of vdr-ac3-recordings
through a yamaha-receiver, especially a rx-v595?

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index