[vdr] Toslink on J2

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Toslink on J2 (22-Feb-2002 16:48)
From:    tim.abels@ewetel.net
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> Can somebody tell me about the voltage level on J2 for S/PDIF ? Is it real
> TTL ?

_AFAIK_ ~5V

> I've seen something about 2 volts. Is that right ? Is it designed for
> feeding a Toslink-transceiver ?
>
> And according to that, what does a DD Receiver expects at the coaxial line?

_AFAIK_ (again) a dd-receiver expects ~2V. Nevertheless i connected
my DVBs to my yamaha rx-v595 directly - no problems.

Later i switched to a opto-input with a coax->opto converter because
i needed the coax-input for other purposes, i guess that's a more
secure way.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index