[vdr] Re: Problems playing DVD

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> AC3 software decoding probably takes too long. Since decoding happens in
> the input thread, the output ringbuffer could underflow causing the stops.
> You could try the -nav10 patch with liba52, it might or might not be
> faster than the old ac3dec.

vdr -a "cat > /dev/null"

should not do any ac3 decoding, right?
I tried that, but with no effect. And I forgot to mention it in my
initial post but on the lower end of the image you can see a part out of
the center of the image.
Can the css decoding be the problem? How CPU intensive ist that?
According to top the CPU ist 0% idle (80% vdr 20% system)
And why do we have to decode AC3 into PCM? shouldn't DVD's contain PCM
audio?
BTW Andreas: I followed your instructions on how to setup libdvdread and
  it improved performance. The pauses are shorter now.

Christoph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index