[vdr] Re: Startscript

1) you have to compile VDR. I use 0.99, but other versions shold work too.
2) you need to set a link in '/usr/local/bin/' with:

cd  /usr/local/bin
ln -s /YOURPATH/vdr vdr

YOURPATH stands for the path, whitch you have extract and compiled VDR.
Sorry, this step I've forgotten to write. :-[
3) you shold edit 'mk_vdrdaemon' and set the HOMEDIR to a path, you will
store the records and configs of the VDR.
(maybe you must change the path in 'vdrdaemon' too.)

I try to find a better solution.

to watch TV on your Screen, you can use 'kvdr' found under:
http://www.s.netic.de/gfiala

Marc Durbach wrote:

>Hello,
>I am also using Suse 7.3 and still have problems in getting the whole thing to work.
>Can you give me some hints about what, and which version to install, if I can use the original Kernel etc.
>I am all new to this and still have problems getting around.
>Also, I am looking for a solution to watch TV directly on my PC screen, as my original aim was not the recorder function, but to have a TV set in my homeoffice.
>Best regards and many thanks for all possible help

Home | Main Index | Thread Index