[vdr] Re: Commerial Filter?

The problem is slightly more complicated then that.
I observed Dutch channels for this behaviour and the provider logo disappears seconds before the commercials start. The program should check for a blank frame after the disappearance i guess. The logo appears seconds after the start of the film. The program should do the same but then backwards.

Jeroen

On 2/25/02 at 11:48 Lutz Feldgen wrote:

>Hello Matthias,
>
>a solution for that would be running every frame throug a filter which
>checks the four corners for tv-logos...
>in case a logo disappears, vdr is told to stop recording, when it
>comes back, vdr resumes recording...
>can't be that difficult, but the different channels have different
>behaviour in showing the logo...
>this feature has to be not published, because some time ago there was
>a recorder which did that. few weeks later the channels started to
>take the logo out of the picture in the middle of the film, so the
>users where missing parts of the film ;(
>if u want to, u can study the behaviour of the most wanted channels
>and post it here, maybe i have the time to try to patch vdr after my
>exam...
>
>Monday, February 25, 2002, 11:19:36 AM, you wrote:
>
>MB> Andreas Roedl wrote:

>>>This could be possible by merging motion (http://motion.technolust.cx/)
>with
>>>VDR.
>>>

>>>Andi
>>>
>MB> How would motion be helpful to detect commercials in movies ?? Because
>MB> of the image processing used internally ?
>
>MB> Matthias
>

>--
>Best regards,
> Lutz                            mailto:lfeldgen@gmx.net