[vdr] Re: FW: SVCD Pause

Manfred Schmidt-Voigt wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I tried this weekend the "tovcd-0.1" procedure. The new version of the
> mpeg2enc is a step forward but there is a lot of "subjective feeling" about
> the quality.
>
> But the problem with pausing the svcd is not solved. My machine always stops
> the video and only starts the audio after I hit play again. The video stays
> freezed at the last position.

At the moment the pausing/jumping/etc. on the (S)VCD is completely based
on the timestamps of the CD sectors - regardless of the MPEG contents.
So of course some incomplete MPEG data is sent to the driver/card after
continueing replay. Variuos driver/card combinations may react
differently on this.

I'm working on integrating the (S)VCD information structures into the
patch to get the pausing/jumping synced to I-frames as is done in VDR
replay. We'll see if it can solve the problem.

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index