[vdr] Re: Bug by deleting a Record

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Mirko Günther (MG) wrote:

MG> I've recorded a Movie and cut out the comercials. After the cut, a new
MG> record where created with a % at the front of the name.
MG> Unfortunately, I found out, that one mark wasn't so good. So I delete
MG> the cuted record and cut the original record again.
MG> The new record has the same name like the deleted record, but I can't
MG> delete that until I restart the VDR. When I try to delete without
MG> restart, I get the Message: 'Fehler beim Löschen der Aufzeichnung!' and
MG> in the SysLog stands:

you have
   themovie/date-time.rec
after cutting,
  %themovie/date-time.rec
is created. if you delete it, it will be renamed to
  %themovie/date-time.del
now you cut again,
  %themovie/date-time.rec
is created again. If you want to delete it, vdr tries to rename it to
  %themovie/date-time.del
but fails, since it already exists.

it also happened to me a long time ago, but I must have forgotten to
report it.

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de