[vdr] Re: Streaming Mode? answers, requests and problems

Or use the patch found on my page http://pulp.mine.nu/dvbvideolan

>You also have to copy DVBVideoLan-package parallel to DVB and VDR. Go into
>DVBVideoLan and do "make"

This is not necessary anymore. The whole code for streaming is in the patch
now (including the rtp-stack).

>Set the export DVBVL_DEST="[clientIP]" and export
>DVBVL_PORT="[clientPORT]" variables (write them down to /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>(RH7.x)
>to set them automatically in case of restart ...)

I want to make this configurable via the osd sometimes, but that's not top
prio for me.

>Go to VDR-OSD, select channel, go to "Streaming" option and use
>red/F1-button for "Streaming on".
>
>Then you can start mplayer on the client.

If u want to watch live tv on a windows client use my dvbpl.

>Problems:
>
>- it works only for live tv :-(

Yes, because it was simplest to rewrite some code of the recording section
for the moment (was my first patch ever :-) )

>- There are often RTP package failures causing distortions in the picture ...
>- stuttering sound on DVB-S audio out with DVDs (might be caused by AC3-patch)
>    but streaming sound is fine.
>- it often works only one time, then mplayer complains something about
>header 1 and a reboot of VDR-machine is needed to make it
>work again

Hm, that's weird. I never noticed thie behaviour in conjunction with the
windows player. I didn't try mplayer yet, because it crashes my whole
system every time (it worked very well, but then, i reconfigured something
which i can't remember anymore :-( ).

>request:
>
>Obviously, streaming uses a device like /dev/ost/dvr as source. So only
>live tv can be streamed. But what about not using output
> >from driver but input to driver interface instead? So anything send to
> hardware decoder by any software would be streamed.

>Streaming tv, radio, recordings, dvd, svcd, mp3 would also work then ...

I'll check this...

Markus

>Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index