[vdr] Automatic Shutdown while logged in

Hello,

after producing a coaster while being remotely logged into my VDR
machine i feel motivated to describe the (little) problem:

VDR is switched on, and i am logged in with telnet and NFS from my other
computer. vdr is started using the -s option. There is no easy
possibility to access the remote control (different floor). Of course,
vdr shuts down after Setup.MinUserInactivity minutes, which is,
according to Murphy's law, in the middle of a CD burning activity.

What would be needed is a protection against shutdown while being logged
into vdr.

Solutions:

 o SVDRP is also used for LastActivity.
   Currently the svdrp.c code takes a timestamp to decide
   when the port has a timeout, but does not update the
   LastActivity from vdr.c

   For this solution, it is necessary to periodically restart the
   SVDRP session from the main computer.

 o Before shutting down, vdr checks if there is someone logged in, e.g.
   by doing "who". If there is someone logged in, the LastActivity is
   reset.

   This would be the preferred solution, as one can be logged in
   indefinitely, thus preventing shutdown. After logout, the usual
   Setup.MinUserInactivity handling shuts the VDR down.

What do you think ?

 - Thomas

--
Thomas Mohr - Th.Mohr@gmx.net