[vdr] Re: Streaming Mode - vdr crash

At 09:08 27.02.2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Yes, I had the same thing. There is a bug in dvbapi.c. I don't have the
>sources here right now.
>
>Where the environment variables are tested for IP-Adress and port, it's
>done right for the ip-address (first check getenv for existance and only
>then get the value and use it). Whereas for the port, the check is
>something like if (!(port = atoi(getenv("DVBL????"))) so if this
>environment variable does not exist, you get a segmentation fault.

Yeah, you're right. While testing the patch I did it by starting VDR form a
shell. The environment vars were set.
@Michael: Open a shell and start vdr by calling your runvdr. Be sure to set
DVBVL_DEST and DVBVL_PORT before.

I will release a new patch version today.

@All: Somebody there, who can give me a hint, securing the Streaming part?
I mean, how to handle channelswitching and recordings while streaming?

Regards,
         Markus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index